Tuesday 7 June 2011

Ni

When I look back on all the breakfast, lunch, dinner or drink dates with my nearest and dearest, I think what we've consumed has become far more memorable with the juicy, exciting, scandalous or ridiculously funny conversation we've had. I'll be the first to admit I have enjoyed sharing some of the best secrets, news and stories over a good pizza or cider. A delicious meal or favourite drink, isn't just a meal or drink its a memory with your dearest friends, a exciting cocktail night with the girls or the awkward but thrilling first date, the crazy night full of devil fries, sangria and a dance floor with all your planteers. The real reason for pencilling in your date in your diary is the relationship you have whatever form this may take. For instance I spent a Friday night with a very close friend and over pistachios and wine. I told of how my mother once for a cousins 5th Birthday dressed me as a bum- somewhere between an unlucky New Yorker and Oscar the grouch. All the other girls wore fairy, princess and red riding hood costumes, but not me I wore a brown eye shadow beard! This  story was well received, my friend was rolling on the floor with laughter. Now I'd say we enjoyed sharing our embarrassing costume stories so much that we believed they were the best pistachios we'd ever had. Maybe this is just something I think about, but I remeber the conversation just as much if not more than the meal or drink consumed. Just this Friday gone myself and a few dear friends sat around and drank wine discussing the funnier side of being caught in interesting and awkward situations, needless to say I feel sorry for my neighbours. -Four 20 somethings giggling over a lot of wine and very funny stories, there the memories I want to stick.

These are a few of my favourite memories so far












No comments:

Post a Comment