Tuesday 7 June 2011

Durian Durian

My handsome fella and I went to Kuala Lumpur this year, as you can imagine our memories are full of beautiful curries, noodles, claypot and wok dishes. But the most vivid memory I have in KL is when we ate Durian, a lot of people warned us to stay away. But walking down the street of the Golden Triangle, we were intrigued we had to try one so we asked a lovely little man to pick us out a smallish Durian from his cart. I remember the texture- like sorbet with a film covering, the taste and smell- like a off and dirty onion- BUT worse. It leaves the funniest taste in your mouth, but the thing I'll never forget is when we looked at each other and burst into laughter, this was the worst thing we'd tasted the whole trip, we laughed until we cried. They say every time you laugh you can add year's to your life, after our Durian encounter we'll live a very long time. It is my favourite memory from Kuala Lumpur, every time we talk about it we can't help but laugh hard again and again. Try it

  We Heart Durian

Its that bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment