Wednesday 25 April 2012

Kitchenaid, brownie cake & Duende

The fourteenth of March marks the day I was born. I do get pretty excited for my birthday as My mumma and dad always made us feel super special on our birthday, not to mention I share it with the one and only Talyor Hanson of MMMbop fame.

So my first birthday surprise was from my man, he bought me a lovely kitchenaid! I was so excited it was like Taylor Hanson had walked into our house I jumped and screamed like a 10 year. So feeling still very giddy and smitten I decided to make myself a Brownie Happy Birthday cake with my new baby blue magic machine! This is the finished product, it was amazing in my completely bias opinion.



My second surprise was my mumma taking me out to the most amazing eatery. Its a little cute place called Duende and they have such a wonderful gluten free menu. Its not one of those places that says their gluten free friendly and then has one thing on the menu thats gluten free or says something you choose is gluten free and you spend the rest if the night feeling like death because it wasn't! 
The menu had so much tapas and mains to have all gluten free. We choose around 5 dishes potatoe bravas, beetroot and goats cheese salad, chilli squid and chorizo and beef cheek and polenta. My favourite dish was beef cheek and polenta it was so amazing I just kept wanting more and more my mum found it funny I was so excited by the beef and polenta. Accompanied with some yummy Sangria made our dinner so enjoyable. Our last dish was so delish a raspberry pannacotta with yoghurt sorbet, warning if you enjoy super creamy splendid delights order this dessert it was sooo fantastic. 
Aside from the fabulous food the atmosphere was so cute, it was very Melbourne lots of cool furniture, candles, art, super smooth music & great waiters. I don't know if it was the fine food or very spanish sangria but I didn't really want to leave and left feeling like we'd just spend an evening in my own version on Willy Wonka's chocolate  gluten free factory.

All the photos I took of the food just didn't do it justice as the lighting was so romantic but the photos of how it felt looking around looked pretty lovely.









So I'd recommend this little place to anyone who is Gluten Free and totally in love with melbourne, fine  food, good service and if you get giddy over/on Sangria 

Love Adelle

No comments:

Post a Comment